Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Q&A with This Crazy Thing Called Life

I have another treat for you this week! Ericka from This Crazy Thing Called Life is joining us today for a little Q&A session. I don't really remember how I came across Ericka's blog, but I instantly felt like I could relate to her in so many ways: she was a newlywed, had just bought a house, has an adorable goldendoodle, AND was from Michigan. This Crazy Thing Called Life is now one of those blogs on my must-read list! I hope you enjoy getting to know her as much as I have!


In a nutshell, what is your blog This Crazy Thing Called Life about?
I started my blog when I was engaged and planning my wedding as a way to keep friends and family updated, and as a way for me to look back on everything.  My husband (then fiance) and I were also in the process of buying our first house, so I wanted to document that journey too. Now that I've been married for a little over a year, I blog about a little bit of everything: home/diy projects, our adorable Goldendoodle, recipes, fitness, and everything else that comes up in our lives.


Why did you start blogging and what inspires you to keep at it?
As I said above, I started blogging to document our wedding planning and home buying journey.  I fell in love with blogging and the community of amazing people that I had connected with, so I kept blogging after the wedding was over and the house was bought. 

Describe yourself in three words.
Fun, Driven, & Loving

List your five favorite blogs to read.
Only listing five is hard, because there are so many that I love.  Here are five of my daily reads:
Melanie Gets Married 
(duh! I love your blog!)

List links to your three favorite blog posts that you have written and tell us why they are your favorite.
Wedding Card Box - This is one of my favorite DIY projects I've done.  I love the way it turned out and it was perfect for our wedding!
Master Bedroom Update: Painted Trim - I'm currently trying to "finish" our Master Bedroom.  Painting the trim white was a HUGE job, but it made such a major impact on the room.  I love looking at the before and after photos in this post!
Cinnamon Apple Chips - One of my favorite recipes because it's healthy and easy.  It's perfect for fall.

If you could pick any career, with money being no object, what would your dream career be?
I could go two ways with this.  I've always wanted to work in an office for a professional sports team--either MLB or NFL.  But now that I'm getting older and I've thought about having kids some day, I kind of like the idea of being a stay at home mom and maybe getting paid to write a blog :)


If you had an extra hour of free time everyday without any distractions, how would you spend it?
Reading.  I love to read, but I never set the time to do it.  I usually read before bed, but I find that I'm so tired, I only read for about 15 minutes before I'm ready to fall asleep.  I'd love to spend more time reading...especially on a beach!




Find Ericka here:



I hope you'll take the time to swing byEricka's blog and check out some of the posts she mentioned above! I also think you'll really like her Crocheted Chevron Baby Blankets and her Easter Egg Wreath. I know I'll for sure be checking out her cinnamon apple chips soon! 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me take over your blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ericka's blog as well! And I'm another Michigander! :)

    ReplyDelete